Sunday 1 July 2012

A Weekend At Home


I’ve had a lovely weekend at home. Some cleaning and tiding along with baking and making.
On Saturday I decided to make some more marmalade- this is my 3rd batch and I probably won’t make any more this year (it seems to take a long time!) My marmalade is popular amongst family and friends so I use it for gifts. 
I use a Rachel Allen recipe whereby you boil up the fruit first and then remove pulp, liquidise then add back to the pan.

  I love to use labels and covers to make them pretty! 

I'm cooking for family today so I bought some fresh berries to make a special dessert for after Sunday lunch.
 This cake is made using a combination of recipe's so I guess its kinda my own creation. A rich chocolate sponge base with creme fraiche and fresh berries on top- perhaps some cream on the side to serve! yum.

I hope you've all had a nice weekend x


2 comments:

I would love to hear any comments you have or simply to know people are reading my blog, and I will get back to you! Many thanks for looking x